When it comes to metal fabrication, there are different coatings and finishes to consider to ensure the result of your metalworks looks impressive as promised. And with that, many are still juggling whether they should do a traditional paint job or do powder coating instead.
While the paint has been around for centuries, this traditional approach has limitations. On the other hand, powder coating gives a more advanced approach, blending durability and improved appearance while reducing environmental impact. With that, doesn’t the latter sound appealing?
Of course, it’s worth talking to powder coating experts before you start your project so you can ensure you’re taking the right steps and choosing the right products for your project. With their help, they’ll get to assist you in making your metal works look ace.
What is Powder Coating?
Powder coating involves a dry coating process that’s used as a metal finish for industrial equipment. Usually, this is applied dry as powder, and then heat is applied. This process gives you a high-quality finish and improved durability and functionality.
This means you can expect your metal fabrication to last for a very long time. Because it uses a dry powder, it has a much lower environmental impact than other options. While it’s a relatively new technology, it is already quite flexible and is also used on other surfaces, such as plastic, concrete, and even steel.
Different Types of Powder Coating
- Thermoplastic Powder Coating: This finish becomes liquid and much softer after heating, removing chemical bonding. With this process, it makes powder coating more reusable and reversible. Other than that, it prevents rust and corrosion while also increasing color appearance and transparency.
- Thermoset Powder: A chemical bond is cured with this finish, making it impossible to recycle. Because of this, it’s best used for high heat areas, preventing it from melting.
How Durable is Powder Coating?
Perhaps the biggest question about powder coating is how durable is it? So, with that, you’d be happy to know that powder coating is one of the most durable coatings used for surface finishings. Thankfully, this coating is suited for machinery and everyday items since they hold well against extreme weather, physical impact, and more.
To make sure that you’re getting the best powder coating solution possible, make sure to find powder coating experts. This way, you’ll be able to get the best metal coating possible to ensure your project is impressive, functional, and long-lasting.
What are the Advantages of Powder Coating?
If you still aren’t sold with powder coating, don’t worry—we’ve got a list of advantages that may convince you to go for this finish.
- It’s an eco-friendly option since you can reuse and recycle the material. Besides that, it has minimal wastage.
- It’s pretty cost-effective, even if they come in a hefty price tag. Because at the end of the day, it doesn’t provide you with maintenance and repairs since it’s pretty durable and long-lasting.
- It gives a polished look, making your projects look clean and well-made.
The Bottom Line: It’s Best to Use Powder Coating as for Your Surfaces and Projects
Powder coating is a better option than other finishing options, like paint. It’s more durable and has a lower environmental impact than paint. It also has fewer maintenance and repair options, so you don’t have to worry about it fading and chipping. So, if you’re interested in getting your hands on this, it’s best to talk to powder coating experts so you can find the perfect one for you.
How Can We Help You?
Precision Finish houses a team of powder coating experts in Tulsa ready to help you find the best finish and coatings for your products and surfaces.
We specialize in high-quality custom powder coating and media blasting in Tulsa and nationwide. So, if you want to get a coating done the right way, give us a call today!